The Ride
Open Door is a drop-in centre providing lunch, showers, clothes, companionship and support for those who struggle with their lives. Philip, who was one of the founders, died in February of this year. He was part way through a virtual cycle ride from John O'Groats to Land's End to raise money for Open Door. I have decided to finish the ride as my personal tribute to him.
Friday, 7 June 2013
317 miles cycled. reached Chorley which is just after of Preston. Not the most picturesque scenery in the old industrial heart of the country. Many thanks to all those who have donated. the total has now reached over £2,000. The Gloucester Echo did a nice piece on Philip last Saturday 1st June and I on the same day I also did a slot on Winchcombe Radio at 8-30 am which I think is still available on the Internet.